Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Cashel

In the little town of Cashel, there is Hore Abbey, named for the color of the monks' robes. Most people go the Cashel to see the Rock of Cashel, not the abbey. I liked the abbey much more. The place we were staying was right next to the abbey. We were able to go explore it when ever we wanted. The nice thing about this ruin is that there are no rules. We can take pictures and climb, all while NOT having staff watch us because there was no staff.

When I first went out there, it was cloudy and started to rain. I stayed out there, but everyone else left. After the rain, the sun came out. It was absolutely beautiful. Peaceful. An odd thing about me is that I find graveyards to be one of the most peaceful places on earth. I don't know why, so don't ask. As you probably guessed, there was a small graveyard. The tombstones with the sun shining down on them was so moving. With the slight breeze blowing on my face, I felt God in the forgotten abbey.















I went back there the next morning before we left. There was a pigeon who would not stop cooing. Some of the others thought it was creepy, but it reminded me of a dove.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment