Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cambridge

This morning we were given a walking tour of Cambridge. There are 31 colleges in Cambridge. We're staying at Corpus Christi College. Each of us has our own room and bathroom, which is bigger than my room back home. The space is definately welcome for the two nights we have it.

Unfortunately, Trinity College was closed to visitors. This is the college Henry VIII founded. I did get to see the college gate, which has Henry VIII carved into it; originally he was holding a scepter and orb, but students have stolen the scepter and replaced it with a chair leg. The Wren Library was open and I saw the manuscript of Winnie the Pooh. The shelves of old books were breath-taking; but no pictures were allowed.

After that, I did some wondering and found some gifts. I can't wait to see the faces of those who they're going to belong to!

Next stop is London tomorrow, where we'll see the Tower of London, Richard III, and Much Ado About Nothing. Let the plays begin!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Guildhall St,Cambridge,United Kingdom

1 comment:

  1. Did you know the real Christopher Robin went to Trinity College?

    ReplyDelete