Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Suitcase of a Diabetic

Packing is always an interesting process, especially when the one packing is diabetic. On all the trips I've taken so far, my diabetes supplies haven't been much of an issue. I just pack a box or two of each supply and I'm good to go. However, that was when I was only going to be gone for a max of 10 days. This time I'm leaving for nearly four months...

My doctor told me to bring a six month supply of all my prescriptions, which makes sense. After putting the supplies into the largest suitcase owned by my family, I wondered where I would put my clothes. I fit almost everything into the expanded suitcase and carry-on, but it felt like the suitcase was going to burst.

So, my mom and I went on an adventure to Target to find a larger suitcase that would stay underneath the max of 62 linear inches. In the end, we came home with a suitcase that fit the description and I transferred everything to the new suitcase. With just the diabetic supplies packed I could still see the bottom of the suitcase! Miracle of miracles! And get this, with everything packed, I didn't even need to expand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment