Monday, August 22, 2011

Dreams

In a little over 24 hours I will be leaving on the adventure of a lifetime. I will be headed to England for nearly four months. For those of you who know me well, this is a dream come true; I have wanted to travel to England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales for as long as I can remember. And going to continental Europe briefly is another bonus.

I'm going on this trip with 21 other Bethel students and a Bethel prof and his family. We will be studying literature where it was written and/or where it's set, reading and attending plays, and learning about travel writing. An English Lit and Writing major's dream. And note that all the students on the trip are just as passionate and nerdy about their books as me. We're going to be crazy together.

Throughout my time abroad, I will be posting thoughts and pictures. I cannot guarantee how often because I have no idea how much time I will have.

In case you're wondering about the title of my blog, you should know that I am fascinated with the history of the Tudors, most noteably King Henry VIII and his children. I have not been able to learn as much as I would like to about this family, but that will change with time.

Soon I will be in the Land of the Tudors.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rochester, MN, United States

No comments:

Post a Comment